The Warming Hut is a cabin located in the center of the property and is available to be rented overnight. There are no cars permitted at the Hut so overnight guests must be prepared to ski, snowshoe, or hike the ½ mile to the cabin. The Hut offers sleeping accommodations with 4 queen sized bunks, 4 cots, and sleeping pads for 12 guests indoors. Guests are responsible to bring their own food and linens/sleeping bags. We provide firewood, five gallons of potable water, dishes, and silverware for 12, two outhouses, solar lighting, and a deck for stargazing.
For overnight stays during spring, summer, and fall you can make a reservation two ways:
1. Airbnb – We reccomend using Airbnb for booking your stay. With the up-to-date calendar, driving directions, payment options, and all the details you’ll need in one convenient app, it is worth taking a look at our listing online: Warming Hut at Windblown NH
2. Phone Reservations – For any additional questions or to book an overnight stay without using Airbnb, call 603 878 0540.
Registration for overnight stays during the 2018-2019 winter season begin the first Monday in October at 7am with advanced registration for large groups beginning the third Monday in September at 7am. Please be aware there is a new phone number for Warming Hut reservations: 603 878 0540. Be sure to call this number first once the registration period begins.
During the winter months, Windblown is in full operation as Southern New Hampshire’s premier cross country skiing and snowshoeing destination. For a successful stay at the Warming Hut you and your guests will access the camp by either one of these methods – snowshoeing or skiing – as the trails to the Hut will be covered in snow and used by our skiers and snowshoers. Your vehicle will be parked approx. 1/2 mile away by the Base Lodge.
Winter Weather Advisory: Winter weather conditions will affect your stay so it is best to call ahead about the conidtions and arrive prepared. The weather conditions could affect where you park, how best to access the Hut and the frequency of tending to the woodstove. The Hut is heated by a woodstove and it is the responsibility of the guests to heat the cabin upon arrival. All necessary materials for the woodstove are provided including instructions and support from our on-site staff.
Important Notes for Winter Use:
2018 – 2019 Winter Warming Hut Rates: Adults – $25, Ages 8 to 17 – $15. An $80 non-refundable deposit is required and is the minimum charge for Friday, Saturday and Holidays. The maximum charge is $180 regardless of the size of your group. For reservations, please review the following details:
*** Direct Phone Number for Warming Hut Rentals: 603 878 0540 ***
1. We start accepting reservations for the winter season on the first Monday in October at 7 am by telephone only. Advanced Reservations for large groups such as school groups and scout groups begins on the third Monday in September at 7am.
2. You must send us a non-refundable deposit of $80 within two weeks of making your reservation. Sent to: Windblown, 1180 Turnpike Road, New Ipswich, NH 03071, with checks written to “Windblown”
3. The Warming Hut is for overnight use regardless of whether or not we have snow. We do not return deposits for lack of snow or poor weather conditions. If we feel the trail or weather conditions are dangerous (which rarely happens), we will give you a credit to use on another date. No refunds are available.
4. If we are open for skiing, you need to check in at our Ski Shop before 5 p.m. If you are arriving late and if you need rental gear we can make special arrangements in advance by calling 603 878 2869. If we are closed for skiing, please call to confirm or cancel your stay.
5. Each member of your group must purchase a minimum of one part-day trail ticket per person. When you check in you will be asked to pay the balance of your bill (see rates above), and to purchase trail tickets for the day you arrive and for the next day, for each member of your group. You will not be charged for skiing the next day if you are off the trails and back at your vehicles by 9 a.m. A weekend morning part-day rate is available if you check out by noon. Rental equipment kept at the Hut overnight must be returned by 9am if you do not purchase a ticket for the day. There is a $10 late fee per set of equipment for late returns.
6. Walking or hiking into the Warming Hut on the ski trails is prohibited unless the trails are closed for lack of snow. Footprints on ski trails are dangerous to skiers. We groom the trails in the evening and in the morning, sometimes both; please, step aside and allow the groomer to pass.
7. We offer the service of transporting your gear to the Warming Hut on a large sled pulled behind our snowmobile when there is enough snow. We will take one trip out between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. and return between 8:45 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. to hitch up the pre-loaded sled. Please have it ready to go by 8:45 a.m. The round trip cost is $30. Additional round trips are $20 per trip.